Note: Policy development for any political party is always a work in progress, especially for a small party like Family First which does not have a big staff of researchers and policy advisers. Below is a representation of key policy aspirations. We are aware that more detail is needed and that this is by no means a comprehensive policy manifesto. However, it provides supporters, members and voters a sense of what Family First parliamentarians will fight for when elected. Policies are grouped under the main headings of FAMILY, FAITH, LIFE and FREEDOM.
- Protect children from harmful LGBTIQA+ gender fluid ideology by removing such material from all school and early childhood curriculum.
- Ban the use of puberty blockers, cross-sex hormones and “gender affirmation” surgery on minors.
Freedom for families
- Restore parents' rights by making it an offence for teachers or social workers to hide from parents their child’s decision to change gender.
- Abolish compulsory or coercive “diversity” training and participation for public servants and employees of woke corporations.
- Abolish the use of “preferred pronouns” in email signature blocks of public servants.
- Abolish anti-vilification and anti-discrimination law provisions which restrict freedom of speech and religion.
- Push for a Royal Commission into state and federal governments' handling of the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Ensure the primacy of Parliament’s oversight over public health.
- Introduce the successful Nordic model which criminalises men who purchase women for prostitution.
- Make it an offence to exploit a woman to produce pornography.
- Protect girls’ and women’s sport from the intrusion of biological males.
- Never give up on the fight to keep Australia free of illicit drugs.
- Close drug injecting centres.
- Divert people to programs which help them get free of their addictions.
- Enforce the law on drug supply and possession.
- Weight the criminal justice system for young people by way of compulsory attendance at rehabilitation programs, rather than prison for first offences.
- Ensure that public policy builds up the nuclear family and does it no harm.
- Encourage and incentivise marriage.
- Provide incentives through the tax system that make it attractive for married couples to have children.
- Remove the "couple penalty" which discriminates financially against families where one parent works in the home caring for children.
- Mandate age-verification measures to protect children from pornography and other harmful content online.
- Provide a $200 per year registration rebate for families requiring a vehicle with a seating capacity of six or more.
- Cut public funding to events which harm family resilience and stability. An example is the 2023 Sydney World Pride Festival which promoted animal fetish events alongside events targeting children.
Economic freedom for families
- Housing affordability – release more land and reduce red tape to free up supply and lower prices.
- Energy affordability and reliability – pause net zero policies until a proper cost benefit of the engineering and economics has been conducted.
- Use gas to avoid blackouts by firming electricity supply and to lower retail power prices. Unlock gas reserves by lifting restrictions on exploration. Keep coal-fired power stations open until there are viable and affordable alternatives that provide baseload electricity.
- Pursue nuclear energy.
- Increased gas supply to drive industry and jobs.
- Fight inflation – Cut red tape, reduce government expenditure, boost gas and energy production and release land for housing.
- Debt reduction – Put state and federal governments on a pathway towards fiscal responsibility by tacking government debt. This will mean reducing the size of government and de-funding unnecessary programs.
- Encourage small and family business.
- Encourage enterprise by reducing government regulation.
- Reduce the tax burden on families.
- Examine Hungarian-style tax-breaks for mothers of three or more children.
- Centre the curriculum around the basics of reading, writing and arithmetic. Restore the primacy of Western Civilisation and the Australian achievement.
- Eliminate critical race theory and gender queer theory in all aspects of the curriculum.
Poverty and justice
- Phase out poker machines by diverting revenue during the phase-out period into an industry adjustment fund.
- If a phase out of poker machines can’t be achieved, support the cashless gaming card.
- Gather the homeless from the streets each night into a communal shelter where they are connected to services committed to settling them in long term secure housing.
- Encourage faith-based schools, hospitals and charities to flourish and to be able to practice according to their ethos.
- Protect freedom of speech and religion – legislate to protect the right of churches and schools’ freedom to hire staff in accordance with their religious ethos.
- Make it an offence to sack a person based on their religious beliefs.
- Protect pain-capable unborn babies by banning late term abortions. Protect the lives of baby girls by banning sex-selection abortions. Make it a criminal offence for a man to coerce a woman to kill her unborn baby.
- Support women practically so no woman is faced with no other choice but to take the life of her unborn baby.
- Advocate through public education for the public to fall in love again with unborn babies so that abortion becomes unthinkable.
- Protect the rights of children and dignity of women by banning surrogacy and other forms of artificial reproduction.
- Repeal euthanasia laws and properly resource palliative care.
- Reduce the size of government.
- Encourage civil society's "little platoons" so government does what the community is unable to do.
- Support the US alliance which guarantees Australia's national security.
- Reform state and federal anti-discrimination legislation so that freedom of speech and religion is restored.
- Continuous review of laws and regulations and repeal any which are unnecessary.
Do you like this page?